Sunday 18 June 2017

Why I Started A Business - June 15, 2017

I feel compel to explain why I began my business venture. In my eyes it is quite simple, yet complex.

"Why are you doing this T.J.?"

That's a common question people ask me. Money lenders. Banks. Funding agencies. The government. Friends. Strangers

My answer is, again, simple.

I just want to help people. I want to help people fight their illness. I want to help families understand. I want to help businesses provide proper support for employees. I want to prevent suicides.

I may sound like a unintelligent business person when I say it is not about the money. In my mind, it is not. Providing support is more important.

Everyday that it takes longer to get my business operational, I feel awfully bad about it because if I had done it sooner, maybe I could be helping someone right now.

I could have done this from a non-business platform, but I need work as well. I want to do something I am passionate about. Helping people is what motivates me to get up and make a difference in someone's life.

I won't lie. I haven't slept yet. I am too excited about my business. I am nervous and excited, all at once. Outside of being a father, this gives me a purpose in life.

I want to make it clear that I am not a doctor or a certified counselor. I am just me. Rare, transparent, and empathetic. I am not trying to take their customers or create competition. Rather, I want to help them help people with mental illness. I want to work with them to help people.

Here are some stats I found:

1 in 5 suffer some kind of mental illness, so if you have a family of at least 5 people, someone maybe suffering right under your nose.

About $42.9 Million was billed in Nova Scotia last year. That equals $117,534.25 per day.

Emergency Visits (Outpatients) in N.S. = 53,235 visits, which equals about 146 per day.

Of those 53,235 people, 43,034 were treated and released. To be fair, I don't know what 'treated' means. It could be hospitalization. It could be a diagnosis. It could have been a prescription. Hell, it could have been, "You're fine. Go home and it will go away." I don't know. It's not descriptive on what 'treated' means.

About 477,478 people in Atlantic Canada suffer from a type of mental illness.

About 20% of the workforce suffers some kind of mental illness.

These are the numbers we know of. Some people still may be suffering in silence or afraid to seek any kind of help.

Suicide is one of the leading causes of death of men and women from adolescence to middle age.

49% of people who feel they have suffered from depression or anxiety have never went to a doctor about their problems.

Suicide is one of the leading causes of death among 15-24 year olds in Canada. About 4,000 suicides in Canada per year.

Here's the stat that really bothers me;

1 in 5 children who need mental health services receive them.

That number is too low. So, statistically speaking, if 100 children suffer from a mental illness, only 4 will receive the necessary services.

Then we are left to question why teens hide their problems. They are accustomed to it at an early age.

The system is flawed and weak here in Atlantic Canada. I talk to people. One of my first questions I ask is, "How was your doctor/or hospital experience?"

The answers are rarely positive.

Understanding a mental illness is a true mystery in our society. It is said, unless you have suffered yourself, you cannot understand the pain.

The numbers don't lie. More needs to be done. I want to be a small part of helping the battle against mental illness in our society.

I am going to help.

www.battlehealthconsulting.com

"We talk a lot about hope, helping, and teamwork. Our whole message is that we are more powerful together."
                                                                - Victoria Osteen

Yours Truly,

T.J. Smith

2 comments:

  1. This was how i got a cure for my son who was diagnosed with Madness(Insanity) 6 years ago when he was 16. He told us that he got messages and he heard people telling him that he should hurt himself. He had a terrible temper with cursing and violence towards me and people around. The doctor gave him different anti-psychotic drugs like Zyprexa, prolixin, risperidone but all this even elevated the condition because he became worse over the years not until last two years that help came our way. I got Dr Johnson contact from an old colleague of mine and he told me about this herbal medicine that can put an end to my son's condition. I contacted the doctor and i explained it all to him and he told me all will be well. I got the medicine and gave him as instructed and before i knew, it he was normal again, no side effects at all. I am writing this today because i needed to be sure the cure was a permanent one which it is. I know what Madness is and how heart aching it can be but i tell you today that there is a cure for it. Contact the doctor on drjohnson958@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on +1(518) 675-6082 for psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder,or any metal Illness, he can help you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am one of the happiest Father on earth,My son once suffered from the problem Schizophrenia which made him not to go to school,and that was killing his educational carrier.he can not control his emotions,always having noises on his head affect how he thinks, feels and acts,he has taken different medication,but no cure,then i got the contact of a doctor who helped my son. he gave me the medication which my son used, he took the medication for one month,and that was the end of the problem.he can now control his emotions,no more severely distorted self-image and feeling worthless acts, his thinking is normal and no more voices on his head any more.any one that need his medication should contact the Doctor on drjohnson958@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on +1(518) 675-6082 .

    ReplyDelete